25.1.11

Wicked mopeds

 
[ENG] As a rookie editor in Greek motorcycle magazines, you have to spend some serious time riding mopeds, aka four-stroke small cylinder bikes, which are hugely popular amongst couriers... so the best you can do is do it in style. Besides, I could never forget where I started from, and the story goes back to my early High School years in Zakynthos with my dear old Yamaha Alpha 100 (2-stroke hyper power 110cc engine), that some f%#$%#$r stole while I was at school. I still remember hearing the sound of its Giannelli silencer fading away as the bike was being stolen.
[GRE] Καθώς σαν νέος συντάκτης στα Ελληνικά περιοδικά μοτοσυκλέτας επιβάλλεται να περάσεις ένα σημαντικό χρονικό διάστημα οδηγώντας παπάκια, τουλάχιστον πρέπει να το ευχαριστιέσαι. Δεν μπορώ άλλωστε να ξεχάσω τις ρίζες μου, που φτάνουν στα πρώτα χρόνια του Λυκείου, στη Ζάκυνθο, πάνω στο λατρεμένο μου δίχρονο πυραυλάκι Yamaha Alpha 100, που κάποιος μ@#$ας μου 'κλεψε κάτω από το φροντιστήριο. Ακόμη θυμάμαι τον ήχο από το τελικό Giannelli που είχα βάλει να χάνεται στο βάθος καθώς μου το έκλεβαν.
2007

No comments:

Post a Comment