25.1.11

Enduro Factory Racing

Security highly trained dogs Mike and Hera watching the bike. Handmade license plate on trailer
[ENG] Back in 2006, almost two months before completing my military duties, there was this race for the Greek Enduro Championship taking place in Pyrgos, close to my hometown in Zakynthos. At that time I just had a couple of enduro races for the local Attika Enduro Cup in Athens, but decided to give it a go at the national championship. So, I got my beloved Yamaha WR 450F to Zakynthos, borrowed my dad’s Vitara and a friend’s trailer and off I was. The thing is that I was all alone, and pretty anxious indeed about the race. After an adventurous night with no sleep at all (thanks to heavy snoring by the guy I shared the room with), I found out the race was not that hard.
Where it all started from, Gaitani, Zakynthos
Doing some serious training (running) around Zakynthos' stadium
Factory multi-million training bicycle
At the finish line
[GRE] Στις αρχές του 2006, και δύο μήνες πριν απολυθώ από τον Στρατό, αποφάσισα να τρέξω τον πρώτο μου αγώνα για το Πανελλήνιο Πρωτάθλημα Enduro, στον Πύργο. Μέχρι τότε είχα τερματίσει μόνο σε δύο αγώνες του Attika Enduro Cup. Κατέβασα το αγαπημένο μου Yamaha WR 450F στη Ζάκυνθο, δανείστηκα το Vitara του daddy και ένα τρέιλερ φίλου και έφυγα μόνος για Πύργο. Μετά από μια επεισοδιακή νύχτα κατά την διάρκεια της οποίας δεν κατάφερα να κλείσω μάτι (ροχαλητό διπλανού γαρ), τερμάτισα κύριος τον αγώνα μου.
Happy indeed
5/2006

No comments:

Post a Comment