20.1.11

Those were the dayz

[ENG] Here’s a story for you: Back in 2001, after having various mopeds during High School, I finally convinced my parents to allow me get my first motorcycle. It was a Yamaha DT 125R, a dream bike for me at that time. Long-travel suspension, real brakes and a feeling of a proper motorcycle, were some of the things that had me flying in heavens for months. The problem was that I had my DT 125R sitting in my dad’s backyard in Zakynthos, while I was studying and living in Athens. I also used to have long hair at that time, and my parents detested that. So, one day, I decided to have the hair cut, while simultaneously loading the DT to a truck that would have it carried to Athens. Getting back home as a short-haired guy again (after 3 years), my parents’ surprise was so great that they didn’t mind that much of me having the DT shipped to Athens. And there I was, at my early twenties, with my shinny Yamaha in the garage, my blue cordura jacket and an AGV, my first off-road helmet which I had bought at Monastiraki. Those were the dayz...

[GRE] Μία ιστορία: Μετά από διάφορα παπάκια στο Λύκειο, τελικά κάπου στο 2001 κατάφερα κι έψησα τους δικούς μου για την πρώτη μου μοτοσυκλέτα. Ήταν ένα Yamaha DT 125R, ένα παιδικό όνειρο για εμένα τότε. Αναρτήσεις με μεγάλες διαδρομές, αληθινά φρένα και η αίσθηση μιας πραγματικής μοτοσυκλέτας, ήταν μερικά από τα πράγματα που με έστελναν στα ουράνια. Το πρόβλημα ήταν πως το μηχανάκι στους πρώτους μήνες της ζωής του έμενε στη Ζάκυνθο, ενώ εγώ ήμουν φοιτητής στην Αθήνα. Είναι, όμως, ένα καλό σχέδιο κατά νου. Τότε είχα μακριά μαλλιά, που στους δικούς μου δεν άρεσαν διόλου. Οπότε, μια μέρα, πήγα κι έκοψα το μαλλί, ενώ ταυτόχρονα σχεδόν φόρτωσα το DT στο φορτηγό για Αθήνα. Όταν με είδαν σπίτι με κοντό πάλι μαλλί, χάρηκαν τόσο, που σχεδόν αγνόησαν το γεγονός ότι θα είχα το DT στην Αθήνα. Κι ορίστε, λίγο μετά τα είκοσί μου, με ένα απαστράπτων Yamaha στο γκαράζ, το αγαπημένο μου μπλε cordura jacket και το πρώτο μου χωματερό κράνος, ένα AGV αγορασμένο από το Μοναστηράκι. Αυτές κι αν ήταν μέρες…

copyright@p. klampanis
sometime in 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment