19.12.10

Walking to the top of Mount Imitos [ENG]

[ENG] Last time around I made it in a little bit more than one hour, but this time I needed an extra four minutes. Damn…. I mean the time needed to walk from my house in Zografou till the top of Mount Imitos. But that was last Saturday and there was snow all over the place… From a sea-level altitude of 155 meters till the top at 929 meters, that’s almost 800 meters of difference. From Zografou, walked through The National Technical University and then straight up through my well-known sinlge-trails. It’s about seven kilometers to the top, making it a total of almost sixteen kms with the slightly longer descent. Never mind the weird looks I got on the way down, passing some 4x4 drivers trying in vain to reach the top of the mountain. I walked down through one of my favorite enduro trails, that gives an amazing view of the area around Athens’ national airport. A great day out, that left me aching for about a week or so.
The route on Google Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment